This certificate program is designed for both experienced and inexperienced operators of industrial overhead cranes. This training is site specific and is conducted at the client location with the emphasis on being tailored to meet the specific needs of different applications.
Course Description: 4 hour theory class followed by practical evaluations
- Occupational Health & Safety Act
- Pre-Operational Inspection
- Operation & Design
- Ensuring a Safe Work Area (Terrain, Slopes, Power lines...)
- Assorted Attachments & their use
- Roll Over Protection Structure
- Procedures for Loading Assorted Materials
- Loading/Unloading Procedures
- Fuel Source
- Summary/written Test
- Pre-Operational Check
- Starting, Stopping, Steering
- Accurate Maneuvering
- Signs, Hand Signals
- Competency Test
Depending on the application, practical evaluations can require up to half an hour per person. More time may be required for newer operators. Whenever possible, practical evaluations should be conducted at the actual work site.
*A wallet card and wall certificate will be issued upon successful completion of this program
**This program will be tailored to meet the specific requirements of your facility
Train-The-Trainer option also available. Please contact us for details.