Reporting to the Director of Sales, the TM’s core mission will be to acquire new materials handling customers through intensive sales activities to gain personal meetings. They will target businesses within their defined territory to identify and qualify opportunities and when appropriate enter into a sales process. The TM will continually seek new and innovative ways of identifying account opportunities, growing their account base and cross-selling other Yale Industrial Trucks Inc. (the “Company”) products into their existing accounts.
- Initiate and implement customer retention strategies to build loyalty and increase service usage with our existing customer base.
- Mine the sales territory to identify and qualify new opportunities and enter into the sales process or pass along to our Industry Managers
- Manage the entire sales process from initial contact to identifying needs, leading demonstrations, presenting proposals, and on to closing deals.
Key Performance Deliverables
In light of the identified responsibilities, the following are specific deliverables that the position is designed to achieve.
- Meet or exceed sales quotas as directed by the Director of Sales
- Utilize and maintain company CRM on a daily basis
- Gain full awareness of territory and all account activities to ensure we are involved in all opportunities
- Work as an effective member of the Sales team, sharing information and fostering strong internal communications with other team members
The following indicates specific industry, academic and functional experience/qualifications that are important to the successful achievement of the identified responsibilities and performance deliverables.
- At least five years’ experience in a similar equipment sales role dealing with senior business decision makers in the market
- Verifiable track record of achieving revenue targets
- Experience managing a high volume of accounts
- A driven, hardworking account manager who brings a positive attitude to the workplace and places customers first
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite
- A University or College Education preferred
- Sales and Account Management training is an asset