Falls account for half of the industrial accidents each year in North America
These accidents can be greatly reduced by companies implementing a comprehensive Fall Protection Program designed to protect their employees. Identifying hazards, and then deciding how to best protect the employee, is certainly a step in the right direction in reducing or completely eliminating falls in the workplace.
Course Description: 4 Hours
- Accidents & Their Causes
- Current Legislation & Standards
- Fall Prevention & Proper Use
- Types of Harnesses & Proper Use
- Types of Connectors: Lanyards, Snap Hooks, Rope Grabs
- Calculating Total Fall Distance
- How to Prevent Swing Fall
- Shock Absorbers: Types & How They Work
- Equipment Care & Maintenance
- Anchor Points, Engineered / Improvised
- Designing a Rescue Plan, Suspension Trauma
- Written Test
- Inspection of Harness & Lanyard
- Harness Fit Test
- Proper utilization of fall protection equipment currently in use.
Length of practical training can vary depending on the experience level of the individual and the number of lift truck certifications required.
*A wallet card and wall certificate will be issued upon successful completion of this program
** Train-The-Trainer option also available. Please contact us for details.