This certificate program is designed for both experienced and inexperienced operators of industrial overhead cranes.
This training is site specific and is conducted at the client location with the emphasis on being tailored to meet the specific needs of different applications.
Course Description: 4 Hour Theory Class Followed by Practical Evaluation
- Occupational Health & Safety Act
- Regulations 851 for Industrial Establishments
- Standards & Guidelines New CSA b167-08
- Pre-Operational Inspection
- Slings, Attachments, & Lifting Hardware
- Hitches & Sling Angles
- Load Turning
- Hand Signals
- Written Test
- Pre-Operational Check on Crane, Slings, Handware…
- Planning the Lift
- Slinging / Rigging
- Taking Out Load Swing
- Safe Operating Procedures
- Practical Test
Depending on the applications, practical evaluations can require up to half an hour per person. More time may be required for newer operators. Whenever possible, practical evaluations should be conducted at the actual work site.
*A wallet card and wall certificate will be issued upon successful completion of this program
** This program may be conducted at a Yale location near you or at your facility. Please give us a call for the next available courses offered at our locations
*** Train-the-Trainer option also available. Please contact us for details.